Monday 29 September 2014

My top 5 Fashion and Beauty Icons

My top 5 Fashion and Beauty Icons.

Inspired by Jens recent 5 inspirational women I thought I would do a post of a similar theme. These are my top 5 women who's flawless style/image inspire me and make me excited about fashion and beauty.

1. Gwen Stefani


I have been such a huge No Doubt and Gwen Stefani fan since I was a girl growing up in the 90's. I have yet to see her in a make up or fashion look which she hasn't totally owned! I love that she's never followed mainstream fashion and just rocked so many crazy and quirky looks like the pink hair and braces or the blue hair and furry blue bra looks of the 9O's.Over the years her style has evolved into such a feminine yet strikingly bold look. I love her signature bright red lip and her use of strong, eye-catching prints and patterns. She is often seen wearing leopard print, dog tooth, tartan and stripes. Her looks are really eye catching, I love how she's not scared of colour and is not afraid to stand out. Needless to say I am a super fan of her L.A.M.B and Harajuku Lovers clothing lines. She is awesome!



2. Hayley Williams



How colourful is Hayley Williams of Paramore? She is just so bright and fun to look at. As with Gwen, I love how she doesn't follow mainstream style and just wears weird and wonderful things. I am a massive fan of alternative styles. Her many shades of red hair and super blunt short fringes are so cool and unusual. Her style ranges from casual emo/rock chick to quirky, punky and pretty, and she just seems so comfortable in her own skin. 


3. Marilyn Monroe

I suppose Marilyn is a bit of a clique and a given when it comes to style inspiration for women but I couldn't not include her in my list. She is obviously a style icon and was one of the first to wear a bright red lip and winged black liner makeup look. She was effortlessly feminine and elegant. She had a beautiful hourglass body which she showed off in beautifully fitting, flattering feminine dresses such as her famous wiggle dresses. 


















4. Katy Perry

Like with all my previous style inspirations, what I love about Katy Perry's style choices is that they are so bold and colourful! Her hair has been all the colours of the rainbow and her makeup is often wacky and neon. I love how her look has a cartoonish element to it and is very tongue in cheek. Many times on the red carpet she looks like she is herself a cartoon character, or even in some form of fancy dress. I'm sure many people would see this as a style flaw and I know she has ended up in a few 'worst dressed' lists, but I think thats unfair as she is clearly not taking herself seriously and is just enjoying dressing up! (I would wear fancy dress everyday too if I could).




5. Princess Diana

So ok, Princess Diana's style is so very very 80's/90's and a lot of her outfits would look out of place today, but I cannot help be in awe of her brilliantly put together style choices. Her hats were especially awesome and not for the faint hearted to pull off! She made bold and brave style choices, whilst always remaining elegant and ladylike. She possessed a true modern day princess style. When she wore evening gowns with her tiaras and crowns she was dazzling. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS